OHL’s rail experience spans more than 70 years and includes work throughout Europe, North America, Asia, and Africa. The Group has the experience and capacity to perform all types of rail projects, including high-speed to commuter, light rail and subway, streetcars and freight. Services include both new construction and rehabilitation for railway infrastructure and superstructure, including tunnels, stations, track work, traction power, communications, and signaling.
International projects include:
- The first high-speed rail project, in Turkey
- Multiple high-speed rail, light rail and urban transit projects throughout Spain
- Several railway corridors, in the Czech Republic
The firm is currently building two major subway stations for the Doha Metro network in Qatar, and a modernization of a railway link between Europe and Asia that runs under Turkey’s Bosphorus Strait. OHL is also participating in the Saudi-Spanish consortium Al Shoula to construct the second phase of the Haramain high-speed rail project that will connect the Saudi Arabian cities of Mecca and Medina.
Recently, OHL Construcción has won the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) Ski contract in Norway, that involves reconstructing the Ski railway station and extending it to connect with the high-speed line (Follo Line)
OHL was the first company from Spain to be awarded a rail project in the United States: AirportLink Metrorail in Miami, completed in 2012.
Through its subsidiary, Judlau Contracting, OHL USA has completed or is currently building many subway rehabilitations, track replacements, and subway station fit-outs, including:
- Rehabilitation of the Culver Line Viaduct, for New York City Transit (NYCT)
- Upgrade of the 63rd Street Station, in the new Second Avenue Subway line, for NYCT
- 72nd Street Station fit out in the new Second Avenue Subway line, for MTA Capital Construction
In addition, OHL USA is currently in joint ventures pursuing major high-speed rail expansions in both California and Texas.